VB.NET: Creating Installer Package with Publish Application

Visual Studio provides facilities for creating installers. We can access it through the project properties or through the menu Build -> Publish [Project Name].

The sample in this post is using Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition.



A wizard will appears, click browse to determine where to store.


I make a new folder named Package.


Choose it and click Next button.


I choose the 3rd option "From a CD-ROM or DVD ROM" because I'll distribute installer files manually. Then click Next button.


And I don't have (yet) a server to check update automatically 😆, so I pick the 2nd option "The application will not check for updates". Then Next


Finally the Finish button.


Here we go, the package installer.



Post a Comment

0 Comments