VB.NET: Check If Alt Keyboard button is Pressed

I'm making my transaction module can be used by using keyboard only. So I used hotkey Alt + A.
I can easily add an "&" (and sign) on a button text just like below image:


While I'm pressing Alt + A on the keyboard it will run all codes under button_click event.
It works, but when I need to type something else with the keyboard just after that the "Alt" button keeps being pressed.

If I want to release the pressed Alt, I should send an Alt pressed. This is how to send Alt key by code:

SendKeys.Send("ALT %")

I included the above code in button_click event. Another problem is while I click the button with mouse it still sending Alt Key. So I need to make sure if only when Alt is pressed, we'd send ALT by code. We can use My.Computer.Keyboard.AltKeyDown. And this is how it works:

If My.Computer.Keyboard.AltKeyDown Then SendKeys.Send("ALT %")

So that's it, good luck and happy coding.

Post a Comment

0 Comments